Friends

Friends
Tasting beer -Nov 2013

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Only looking forward, No looking back

The past 10 years have made me who I am, the good and the bad, but as I think about some of them I have realized that I would perfer to look towards the next 10.

As Liz put beautifully there are people that have passed that I miss more than life. There are really bad times that I never want to repeat and there are great times that I hope I got on camera. There are friends that I wish I still had and ones that I am glad have been there for life. There are new ones that I dont think know what they have gotten into by hanging out with me (no one tell) and an amazing boyfriend I have now that I cant imagine my life without. I have a family that drives me nuts in the best ways and a future that I look forward to.

Without the past 10 years I dont think I would be able to survive what might come in the next 10. Where will I be tomorrow, I dont know. I do know that i am going to try and be the best person I can be for me, my friends, my family and my boyfriend. I am going to work very hard to reach my goals in life and I am proud of myself for where I am now.

I do hope that when people reflect on their lives that they also look at what the World has gone through, what their community has gone through and maybe look at what in the future they can do to make it better. I hope that the world becomes selfless instead of more selfish and people realize that it is not just about them. You help your neighbor and your neighbor will help you.

I hope gay marriage will become legal in all 50 states and that our economy will grow strong.

No comments: