Friends

Friends
Tasting beer -Nov 2013

Monday, March 2, 2015

Starting over

This last year and a half I have spent trying to figure out how to be. How to be a single mother, how to be a friend, a daughter, sister and everything else I thought I had to be. As a single mom you just go, and do, because you have to. You have to be everything at once and you don't even think about it. Because when you do it becomes overwhelming, heartbreaking and impossible. You put aside you because you don't know who you are anymore. Your mommy an daddy and healer and protector. You are life to someone else. And in all of that you loose who you are as a person. It's a struggle to find balance, a struggle to feel like you deserve it. And the one thing I am starting to learn is I deserve a lot more than I have allowed myself. I have learned that it's not selfish. The more confidence I have as a person, mother, daughter, sister, friend...the better life is for my daughter. Starting over was terrifying after my break up, but now it's time for me to be happy and live life 100% for my daughter and I.

No comments: