Friends

Friends
Tasting beer -Nov 2013

Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Time is Here...

...and with that comes all the holiday parties, which I love. Well what the hell I'm I writing about then...Yesterday was a 1 year old birthday party. I, as always, was the first one there. So naturally I became the greeting party with the birthday girl in hand. Hey!!! hugs, let people walk in, then its "where is the baby and boyfriend?" Oh yeah, I didn't tell these people...I haven't told any body really, so then it was the whole..."well...Baby is with her dad on the weekends and we aren't together anymore...but it's okay, everything is great." and then it hit me last night. I have a few more holiday parties to go to, where there will be a lot of people who do not know, and I am not saying it is their business, but I know its going to come up. I do not want it to come up at a holiday party only for the fact that it REALLY is okay. My life is great and I am happy. I do not want anyone to feel bad and ask me if I am okay, because I end up having to convince them that I really am okay, people can be okay after a break up, break ups do not have to be bad or traumatizing all of the time. They can be mutual, civil, and easy...and its a holiday party, who wants to talk about that stuff anyways? Now the only bummer this year is going to be watch my brother and his wife making out on New Years...yuck. At least I will be looking cute.

No comments: