Friends

Friends
Tasting beer -Nov 2013

Monday, December 9, 2013

Whats the Hurry

I live in California so yes there is a mass amount of attractive men in the Bay Area. And I am not going to deny myself from looking at these attractive men nor talking about them with whomever I am with at that time. It's healthy. Flirting is healthy and a part of human nature. Now here is the big kicker...I just got out of a 6 year relationship so I am in no rush to jump back into anther one. I am not flirting to bag one of these fine specimen. I do not need a man. I am happy with my life. I make my own money, I can fix my own things, and I am doing an amazing job raising my child. I am happily independent. I am 29 and so people are telling me I now have to hurry to find someone before I get too old. But why? If a relationship happens, it will happen. I am not going to rush, or hurry or try and force anything. The above might offend some people so I will break it down more. Do I like being in a relationship with someone...Yes, I think most people do, but I do not NEED someone. I have been raised to always take care of myself and to never depend on anyone else. There is a comfort and security with being in a relationship, but that shouldn't define someone. I think you have to be completely happy with yourself and your life before getting into a relationship. That other person is there to enjoy life with you, be happy with you. They should be there to support you when there are hard times. BUT BUT you should not be looking for a relationship or a person to make you happy, to fix your life, or to take care of you. No one else can make you happy, and I think this is where people get relationships wrong. Humans are selfish, so if you are looking at someone else to make you happy its not going to happen, they will eventually get tired of it. I am going to enjoy my life and my nugget and what will be will be. My happiness is not dependent on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you. Timing is a bitch. The right person for you will come along when the time is right. And that person won't show up until you can be happy on your own and learn you do not need someone, like you said. You're on the right track, lady. You're an amazing person, doing a fantastic job raising your daughter, and good things will happen to you. Miss you!

Chris Brecheen said...

Hurrying to find someone is how mistakes are made.