Friends

Friends
Tasting beer -Nov 2013

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The end of house hunting

So today was the relatively big day of ending our house hunt with signing 50 million papers, and confirming this, and stating that, sign here, sign there. Paul and I officially have bought our condo in Anaheim.

I probably don't act like I'm excited, but deep inside I am! Once I'm actually moving boxes into MY house, I think it'll become more real. I get to buy some curtains, washer, dryer, area rugs, and a handful of other odds and ends from Home Depot or Lowe's, to finish up the place. I think that's what I'm more excited about. All the little crap you get to buy for your place. I think it helps solidify the fact that it's yours and you can paint the walls any way you want, and re-do flooring, and bathrooms, etc. It's buying all the fun stuff you might hesitate buying when you rent. I can buy art for the walls, and start saving to get my mystery Westie dog who awaits me in the El Cajon area of Southern CA.

As far as how much more we're paying now as apposed to renting, only $340. Isn't that a little insane, that in this economy we got such a great deal! It's also amazing and insane as to how much renters are charging! For our 1bed 1bath with central a/c, comparitively seems like we wasted money renting, which in a sense you do, but if you have a little help, you can make buying something permanent so worth it in the long run. I won't lie, we did ask for some financial help from our parents, but we'll try to pay them back either with unlimited visits to the condo, food, or straight cash!

Ok enough for now, time to get back to...work!?

No comments: