Friends

Friends
Tasting beer -Nov 2013

Thursday, January 2, 2014

No kiss on New Years

I am actually very flattered to be writing this post. A great friend of mine asked me to write about why I am single and not dating. So here we go... New Years was a blast. I did dinner in the city with my brother and his wife. We all got dolled up at went out for an amazing dinner and then back to their apartment for bubbles. It was perfect, for me. Now reading this you might or probably are judging me on the fact that there is no mention of the new years kiss...well, there wasn't one. Heartbreaking...not really. I am 3 months out of a 6 year relationship and I have a child. That's some baggage. It is also not fair to potential partners for me to be dating so soon. And not talking about casual dating...I am talking about my friends are single and 30 dating to find a life mate dating..."hey wanna go out for pizza and a beer and hangout" dating totally cool. But trapping someone into relationship status dating right now, not fair. Why? you ask...because even though the break up was mutual and we are great co-parents there are still boundaries and things which have to be worked out, figured out, and put into place. I am 3 months out and it would look very odd to the new guy to see the ex calling the cell phone. NOW I know that the ex is calling to talk about the baby, pick up time, drop of time, etc., but for new guy; it could leave him wondering if there is something still there. See when you start dating someone new it can be messy...getting to know one another, learning each other, and when one of the parties involved JUST got out of a serious or long term relationship and have started dating right away it makes people wonder. "What if he/she decides they rather be with their ex?" Now right off the bat there is trust issues. And I also do not want to have to sit there and reassure the new guy that there REALLY ISN'T anything there anymore. I know what you might be thinking...not all guys are like that...and I know this, but I rather give it time, enjoy being single, enjoy my daughter, and let things just happen. I am not looking, but if something finds me, then I will give it a try. There is no rushing love or relationships. If it is meant to be it will be.

No comments: