Friends

Friends
Tasting beer -Nov 2013

Friday, October 3, 2008

Saying No, just to say No!

I know I can be a bit difficult at times, mostly around my really close friends and family, probably because I figure I can get away with being snotty or annoying, and they'll wake up the next day still loving me! Any how I'm starting realize my actions and thoughts, and sometimes I do care about changing and controling my ways, and other times I could give a shit.

This morning was one of those times I couldn't care less about something Paul was interested in, ( I think it was something about what was on the radio) and I was being a butt head and making weird mocking noises about whatever it was we were talking about.

But later as I was at the sink in the bathroom my hubby pinches my arm real tiny like a needle, or at least that's what it felt like. I was not in the mood for it and I hit him on his gut with the side of my fist. I didn't knock the wind out of him, but it was hard enough to let him know I was mad.

I told him to please not pinch me so hard and then he stormed off to work with out our usual goodbye kisses.

I left the apt a few minutes after, but when he pulled out of the driveway he stopped on the opposite side of the street, got out, and came over to tell me he loves me and gave me my kiss. I then leaned on his shoulder and said I was sorry for hitting.

We're all better now, but it also got me thinking. Since we're adults, we know that we should control our actions at this point in life. We know things that make us mad and possibly act out. So if my husband and I have children, will they have these actions programed into their DNA? and if they do they're obviously not going to know to Not hit, and Not yell, and perhaps even become just smart enough and clever enough to say 'NO' to things just for the sake of saying NO!

I guess this is one more step in life that shows me I'm growing up.

No comments: